10 Facts About Breast Cancer
Published: Sep 30, 2011
- Approximately 2.5 million survivors of Breast Cancer are currently living in the United States.
- Breast Cancer is the most common type of cancer among women in the United States, the other is skin cancer.
- Nearly 90% of women that are diagnosed with Breast Cancer will survive the disease for at least 5 years.
- Each year, more than 211,000 American women are diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
- The chance of a woman developing invasive Breast Cancer some time during her life is about 1 in 8.
- The chance of death from Breast Cancer is about 1 in 35.
- Approximately 192,370 cases of Breast Cancer in women were diagnosed in 2009.
- Mammograms are the most effective way to detect Breast Cancer.
- As women get older, their chances of developing Breast Cancer increases, most cases occur in women over the age of 60.
- Breast Cancer related deaths have decreased due to early detection and improved treatment.
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
$1.00/case of Generation Pink Pearl Exam Gloves
will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation
Shop Pink And Show You Care
Show you care. Breast cancer is a disease that touches our community of family, friends and caregivers. Put the power of early detection in your hands.
- Excellent tactile sensitivity for greater control and touch.
- Textured fingertips for a better grip.
- Color-coded sizing to quickly pick the right size glove every time.